[pypy-dev] Zope2-RPython implementation help wanted..

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Thu Jul 17 09:25:08 CEST 2008

Hello Ranjith,

names are confusing here.  PyPy's "RPython" is
something else than Zope2's Restricted PYthon.

I guess Chris Withers was refering to the two lightning talks that
he and then Armin/Maciej gave at EuroPython 2008 both carrying
"Restricted Python" in their title.  For the future, I suggest to
avoid the "R" term and rather talk about _sandboxing_ Python
code which is what both talks/concepts were about.

Indeed, PyPy provides a robust way of sandboxing its
Python Interpreter, see

    http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/sandbox.html

I am not sure how well this fits in your "porting zope2 to
python2.5" project - but to me it looks like a good idea
to go for using pypy-sandbox in the future instead of
trying to get Zope2's "RestrictedPython" secure and
ported to 2.5.

cheers,

holger

--