[pypy-dev] numpy and pypy : info required

rahul garg whycode at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 02:11:15 CEST 2008

Hi.

I am writing a compiler called unPython (http://code.google.com/p/unpython)
a very young and immature compiler for compiling Python to C.
I am presenting the compiler at SciPy conference and need to write a paper
about it. Under related work, I want to describe PyPy and also the status of
NumPy support in PyPy.
Can someone comment on whats the status of NumPy support in PyPy?

Btw, unPython is a compiler I am writing for my Masters thesis. It compiles
Python to C code with particular focus on NumPy. In fact currently, not much
of Python is supported.
One particular focus of unPython is parallel computing .. in particular
OpenMP like parallel-for loops.
I will release a new (much better) version over the next 1-2 weeks and will
let people here know as well if its not considered spam :)
So if you want to try out the compiler, I would request you to wait 1-2
weeks.

thanks,
rahul