[pypy-dev] dead loop compilation

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 23:43:56 CEST 2008

On 07/06/2008, at 17:30, Yun Mao wrote:

> Hi, I was playing with pypy svn branch, and one of the first functions
> i tried was the following:
> def f():
>   while 1: pass
> it looks like pypy was trying to evaluate this and has gone dead too.
> Is this what I suppose to see? thanks,

I asked about it on the #pypy channel on irc.freenode.net and the
answer is that this is a known issue but won't be fixed. The reason
for that is that rpython is a tool to write interpreters and that is
not a useful feature (to be able to create infinite loops).

I ask you to come to the irc channel and chat about what you are
trying to do with pypy and someone there will give you some advice.

See you there,
Leonardo Santagada