[pypy-dev] dead loop compilation

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 23:43:56 CEST 2008

On 07/06/2008, at 17:30, Yun Mao wrote:

> Hi, I was playing with pypy svn branch, and one of the first functions
> i tried was the following:
>
> def f():
>   while 1: pass
>
> it looks like pypy was trying to evaluate this and has gone dead too.
> Is this what I suppose to see? thanks,

I asked about it on the #pypy channel on irc.freenode.net and the
answer is that this is a known issue but won't be fixed. The reason
for that is that rpython is a tool to write interpreters and that is
not a useful feature (to be able to create infinite loops).

I ask you to come to the irc channel and chat about what you are
trying to do with pypy and someone there will give you some advice.

See you there,
--
Leonardo Santagada