[pypy-dev] spotting pypy segfault

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 07:41:03 CEST 2008

I think this is the one about finalizers, because they raise errors,
but that might also be something with threads or anything, I don't
know. What to do:
1. Have pypy-c with threads (hybrid gc, faassen, threads,
allworkingmodules for me, svn v 55678)
2. Check out sqlalchemy

svn checkout http://svn.sqlalchemy.org/sqlalchemy/trunk sqlalchemy

go inside this directory (sqlalchemy), and run:

PYTHONPATH=test gdb --args pypy-c --oldstyle test/ext/orderinglist.py

my gdb got confused, but hopefully you'll have better chance.

eventually, if this doesn't work (like you have different sqlalchemy
installed), do (inside sqlalchemy dir) python2.4 setup.py develop,
eventually as root depending on your system conf.

Cheers and have fun debugging,
fijal