[pypy-dev] Vilnius/Post EuroPython PyPy Sprint 10-12th of July

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 21:37:07 CEST 2008

Vilnius/Post EuroPython PyPy Sprint 10-12th of July

The PyPy team is sprinting at EuroPython again and we invite
you to participate in our 3 day long sprint at the conference hotel
- Reval Hotel Lietuva.

If you plan to attend the sprint we recommend you to listen to the PyPy
technical talks (`EuroPython schedule`_) during the
conference since it will give you a good overview of the status of

On the morning of the first sprint day (10th) we will also have a
tutorial session for those new to PyPy development.  As 3 days is relatively
short for a PyPy sprint we suggest to travel back home on the 13th if
possible (but it is ok to attend less than 3 days too).

Goals and topics of the sprint

There are many possible and interesting sprint topics to work on - here
we list some possible task areas:

* try out Python programs and fix them or fix PyPy or fix performance
* some JIT improvement work
* port the stackless transform to ootypesystem
* other interesting stuff that you would like to work on ...;-)

If you'd like to come, please subscribe to the `pypy-sprint mailing list`_
and drop a note about your interests and post any questions.  More
organisational information will be sent to that list.

Please register by adding yourself on the following list (via svn):

or on the pypy-sprint mailing list if you do not yet have check-in rights:

Preparation (if you feel it is needed):

* read the `getting-started`_ pages on http://codespeak.net/pypy

* for inspiration, overview and technical status you are welcome to
   read `the technical reports available and other relevant documentation`_

* please direct any technical and/or development oriented questions to
   pypy-dev at codespeak.net and any sprint organizing/logistical
   questions to pypy-sprint at codespeak.net

* if you need information about the conference, potential hotels,
   directions etc we recommend to look at http://www.europython.org.

We are looking forward to meet you at the Vilnius Post EuroPython
PyPy sprint!

The PyPy team

.. See also ..

.. _getting-started:
.. _`pypy-sprint mailing list`:
.. _`the technical reports available and other relevant documentation`:
.. _`EuroPython schedule`: http://europython.org/timetable