[pypy-dev] 2.5 features, introducing myself

Bruno Gola brunogola at gmail.com
Sun May 11 04:02:30 CEST 2008

Hi,

Maybe I should have sent this earlier. I was finishing my work within
my old job and now I can start coding for PyPy full-time! :-D

My name is Bruno Gola, I'm an undergraduating in Computer Science, I
live in Brazil and I'll work on supporting (C)Python 2.5 features in
PyPy this winter :-)

I want to thank Carl for mentoring me, he'd already gave me access to
the repository and set up a branch for me at
http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/branch/2.5-features/.

I'm sure I will have a lot of fun and that I will learn a lot with
this project (which is part of my graduation project). My plans after
GSoC are to continue supporting new features from CPython.

If you are interested in testing and watching what I'm doing you can
visit my blog (http://blog.brunogola.com.br/ , category PyPy) and the
2.5-features branch.

Actually I've already started coding some small and easy changes
(__hash__() returning a long and defaultdict).

I'll try to be available always on IRC, my nick is bgola, feel free to
talk to me :)

Thanks,
--
Bruno Fialho Marques Gola <brunogola at gmail.com>