[pypy-dev] Windows Testing

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Wed May 14 15:58:06 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Amaury Forgeot d'Arc
<amauryfa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

>  Maciej Fijalkowski wrote:
>  > Hi Amaury!
>  >
>  > Thanks for doing good job bringing more support for pypy on windows. I
>  > think next direction would be to bring more modules to windows, from
>  > which I guess _rawffi is the most important (this will bring ctypes to
>  > windows platform). I can help you bits with that if you would like to
>  > go in that direction.
>
>  Well, I am not a ffi expert, but at least I know how to run the unit tests.
>  The first step I see is to get the equivalent of libffi for win32 and
>  microsoft compilers.
>  My first thought was to steal it from the
>  cpython/Modules/_ctypes/libffi_msvc directory,
>  do you have other ideas?

Honestly, no :) You don't need to be an ffi expert, all logic is
there, it's just missing few places where windows support is needed.
We tried including libffi into pypy, but failed for some obscure build
process reasons.

Thanks for tackling this!

Cheers,
fijal