[pypy-dev] [pypy-svn] r54748 - in pypy/dist/pypy/translator/tool: . test

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Thu May 15 15:08:08 CEST 2008

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc wrote:
> Hello Antonio,
>
>> revert r54745, as it breaks translation on linux
>
> You were right to revert the change, but I am still surprised.
> What kind of error did you get?

Hi Amaury,

what happens is that one of the module_*.c contains this line:

#include <.>

and of course gcc complains about it :-).
I tried a bit to investigate, but didn't go anywhere.

It's not necessary to translate pypy to see the error,
targetnopstandalone is enough.

If you want to check but don't have any other unix account, I think
codespeak should be enough (but you need to select another gc since
boehm is not installed there)
./translate.py --batch --gc=generation targetnopstandalone.py

ciao,
Anto