[pypy-dev] 3rd party modules / fixing

holger krekel holger at merlinux.de
Fri May 16 16:09:05 CEST 2008

Hi all,

after some discussion with maciej and elsewhere
i'd suggest to setup a

    pypy/dist/lib-python/3rdparty

directory where we temporarily put our own versions of
packages that we aim to support and from which we can build
upstream patches.  If we evolve into maintaining packages or
if the packages get too big we could shift them to a
different place so that they don't come along with a standard
checkout).  In any case, let's note down exact source
information including urls, revision etc.  in the commit log
messages so that things remain easily trackable.  I guess
for convenience we could also add that directory above to
PyPy's app level module lookup paths.

best,

holger

--
Holger Krekel - freelance manager and programmer
pylib py.test/greenlets/svn APIs: http://pylib.org