[pypy-dev] Running pysqlite on pypy

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Sat May 17 15:12:36 CEST 2008

> That was more a proof-of-concept (*). Without deep ctypes wizardry I
> couldn't make anything with callbacks from SQLite work reliably. That's
> why create_function, create_aggregate and friends were removed. If it's
> possible to make that work at all, it's beyond my understanding of ctypes.

Hi Gerhard.

We tackled the issue by creating closures instead of py_object. This
way it's saner and does not segfault for example on django test suite.
We temporarily commited it to svn branch on codespeak, here:
http://codespeak.net/svn/user/fijal/pysqlite2/, but we would rather
prefer to keep it in your mercurial branch. Do you think our changes
makes any sense? If so, can we have a commit permissions on mercurial
branch? Otherwise, we'll at least try to keep it in sync.

Cheers,
fijal