[pypy-dev] Rpython-mode Re: Problems getting Translate.py and Pylint to work

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 1 14:26:14 CET 2008

Hello Maciej and Adrien:

I am new to PyPy so excuse me for silly questions....

I was testing out RPython by following Christopher Armstrong's tutorial "How to do Something in RPython" (http://radix.twistedmatrix.com/2006/12/how-to-do-something-with-rpython-part-1.html). Have things changed?

> This is indeed not the right place to ask :-). Try
> python-projects at logilab.org instead for any pylint related
> question.
> Juste to make a quick answer, your problem is probably just
> that you didn't install the logilab.common package
> (http://www.logilab.org/project/logilab-common)

Thanks for the hint. I'll ask future questions in the Logilab mailing list. The main reason I asked here is that I believe pylint has the --rpython-mode. I saw the following in one of the pypy mailing list archives.

"it is faster and therefore provides feedback faster than  ``translate.py``
+
+* it does not stop at the first problem it finds, so you can get more
+  feedback on the code in one run"

Cheers,
Andrew