[pypy-dev] Possible student project on PyPy

Paolo Giarrusso p.giarrusso at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 15:49:59 CET 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 15:40, Carl Friedrich Bolz <cfbolz at gmx.de> wrote:
> Paolo Giarrusso wrote:
>> Hi, for a student project, we are evaluating the possibility to
>> experiment with some ideas on PyPy.

I'm sorry to reply so late - basically, after a consultation with the
professors, we were recommended to start out on our own, to really
learn how to write a VM and make it fast, before going on to more
ambitious projects.
The target we have settled on is for now to write a Python bytecode
interpreter with threading and code-copying, and then try to work on
the GC. We'll see if we get any interesting results (but since we are
not aiming to implement the full Python semantics, I guess it will be
pretty easy to be faster than a full-blown interpreter).

Regards
--
Paolo Giarrusso