[pypy-dev] Possible starting points

Calen Pennington calen.pennington at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 04:21:53 CEST 2008

Hi, everybody,

I've been intrigued by pypy for a while =, but haven't really been
able to find a good place to start contributing on my own, so I was
wondering if anyone had suggestions. As far as what I'm interested in,
I'd really like to see pypy be more accessible to mainstream python
users, and to be closer to an easy drop in replacement for CPython
(although it seems unlikely that it would become the standard python
distribution any time soon). I know c extensions are one blocker to
that, as well as feature completeness (although i don't really know
the details of where pypy stands with regards to 2.5 (or 2.6/3.0, for
that matter)).

That said, I'm also interested in language design/implementation in
general, so I wouldn't be averse to working on other parts of the
interpreter/translator chain either. So, any thoughts as to what
reasonable starting points would be?

Thanks

-Cale