[pypy-dev] next pypy sprint 5-13th october

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Fri Sep 5 14:31:06 CEST 2008

Düsseldorf PyPy sprint 5-13th October, 2008

The PyPy team is heading for a new sprint meetup, this time
aiming at a 1.1 release and to work on integrating PyPy better
with small devices.   We are also open to other sprint topics!

The sprint is going to take place at the Computer Science
department of Heinrich-Heine Universität Düsseldorf (Germany).

Infos in a nutshell:

arrival day: Sunday, 5th October

departure day: Monday, 13th October

sprint days: 6-12th october with breaks

Location: Seminar room of the computer science department, situated
in the building 25.12 of the university campus, second
floor. For travel instructions see
http://stups.cs.uni-duesseldorf.de/anreise/esbahn.php

------------------------------
Accomodation
------------------------------

We may be able to fit some people into private flats
and otherwise there are several hotels, one recommended
one is the http://www.hotel-hillesheim.de/ where we are
investigating regarding a cheaper group rate.
Please register ASAP if you want to benefit.

There are also some hotels that are used by visitors to the university and are
quite close to the uni. None of us have been at them, so we have no experience
of how good they are.

1. Hotel Blättler
http://www.hotel-blaettler.com/

2. Hotel Mooren
http://www.hotel-haus-mooren.de/

3. Hotel Europa
can't seem to find a website

4. Schloss Mickeln
This one is the guest house of the university in a very beautiful castle.
Supposed to be extremely nice, but also expensive.
http://www.uni-duesseldorf.de/home/gaeste/schlossmickeln

do to help.

and drop a note about your interests and post any questions.  More
organisational information will be sent to that list.

Please register by adding yourself on the following list (via svn):

  http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/extradoc/sprintinfo/october-2008/people.txt

or announceyourself on the pypy-sprint mailing list if you do not
yet have check-in rights:

---------------------------------------
Preparation (if you feel it is needed):
---------------------------------------

* read the `getting-started`_ pages on http://codespeak.net/pypy

* for inspiration, overview and technical status you are welcome to
  read `the technical reports available and other relevant documentation`_

* please direct any technical and/or development oriented questions to
  pypy-dev at codespeak.net and any sprint organizing/logistical
  questions to pypy-sprint at codespeak.net

We are looking forward to meet you at the Düsseldorf PyPy sprint!

The PyPy team

.. See also ..

.. _getting-started: http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/getting-started.html
.. _`the technical reports available and other relevant documentation`: http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/index.html