[pypy-dev] work on testing infrastructure using py.lib trunk and buildbot

Samuele Pedroni pedronis at openend.se
Thu Sep 18 14:23:57 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Samuele Pedroni wrote:
> I have checked in a brief summary of the meeting as:
>
> http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/extradoc/planning/1.1/testing_infrastructure.txt

some work has been started to implement the strategy described in the
summary to improve our testing infrastructure and consolidate it using
buildbot for all our testing needs.

The experimental buildbot master setup we are playing with lives in:

http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/build/bot2/

this setup is going to be used for a  buildmaster running on wyvern.

As described in the summary the main idea is to use the new event model
on py.lib trunk to produce structured logfiles that can be used from the
buildbot master to produce consolidated test result pages. Code doing
that lives at:

- http://codespeak.net/svn/py/trunk/contrib/filelog/

The integration between pypy and py.lib trunk py.test has been worked on in:

-  http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/branch/pypy-pytrunk/ (this points
through an external to the filelog code for it to be readily available)

so far only the major issues have been tackled and we are still using
the compatibility layer
present in the py.test, medium term we want to switch away from using
the deprecated
methods.

On the buildbot side:

- there's the start of a status page that looks like the current one we
use (the htmlconftest based one) but can merge results coming from
multiple builders

- and definitions of simple builds to run some of pypy own tests

I have checked in a TODO file with what is likely needed for people
interested in helping or following what is going on:

http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/build/bot2/TODO

Samuele.