[pypy-dev] pypy appears to have entirely removed all mention of javascript back-end support from web site

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 17:00:17 CEST 2009

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> advanced features like metaclass support would be hard - this was
> proven to be incorrect, by writing an implementation of "type()" for
> pyjamas in under 24 hours and about 100 lines of javascript.
[cut]

in PyPy, typeobject.py and typetype.py contain roughly 1000 lines of RPython
code (to which we must add the related logic which is somewhere else).
In CPython, typeobject.c contains about 6000 lines of C.

Honestly, I doubt a that 100 lines of javascript code can make a python
compliant type().