[pypy-dev] How hard would it be to generate PyPy for the Dalvik Virtual Machine?

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Thu Apr 23 09:42:38 CEST 2009

Hi Jim,

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 01:53:08PM -0600, Jim Baker wrote:
> Naturally, the PBC-VM will be much easier to test once we implement a PBC
> compiler. For the moment, we just use the pycimport module, which provides
> for an alternate load path.

Then I can (again) suggest that you look at PyPy instead of rewriting
your own .pyc compiler from scratch -- but that might not be quite what
you are looking for, given that (as I understand it) writing PBC would
be mostly an extension of your own Python-to-Java compiler.
Nevertheless, I'm sure that if you want to try that path, you can try to
extract code from PyPy, and plug it in Jython either in the form of pure
Python code or compiled Java code.

Armin