[pypy-dev] unladen/swallow, pyjs+pyv8, pyjs+python-spidermonkey: accessing c python modules from optimised python compilers

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Apr 24 11:10:10 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 05:34:57PM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>  the question i invite the pypy-dev team to consider is this: given
> that unladen/swallow team is going to tackle these issues, does the
> pypy-team want to leverage that opportunity, given that it faces
> exactly the same issue (as does the pyjs+pyv8 experiment) ?

No.  Please read a bit more about PyPy before making random comments.
For example, this blog post:
http://morepypy.blogspot.com/2009/03/good-news-everyone.html would tell
you that we are achieving the same results as unboxing at a completely
different level.  We have been trying (since the start of PyPy) a
different path that unladen/swallow and won't change it completely just
because you mention it.  Please stop discussing unladen/swallow issues
on this list if they have no relationship whatsoever with PyPy issues
:-)

A bientot,