[pypy-dev] Parallel translation?

Sven-Hendrik Haase sh at lutzhaase.com
Fri Dec 4 16:50:33 CET 2009

Hey,

I just translated SVN trunk of PyPy with JIT enabled and I was very
pleased by the results as I noticed that PyPy with JIT is now two times
faster in Pystone (I know that's not saying too much) than Cpython.
However, translating took a very long time due to not being able to make
use of my other CPU cores. I did not find a switch to compile using
multiple shells (as in -jN) so I was wondering whether such a feature
was planned or even possible. At least for the compilation part, this
should be very possible.

-- Sven-Hendrik