[pypy-dev] pypy-jvm doesn't work?

Olli Wang olliwang at ollix.com
Mon Dec 14 11:30:52 CET 2009

Hi, I tried to execute the compiled Python interpreter with jvm backend on
both Gentoo Linux(amd64) and Snow Leopard.
But unfortunately both of them failed to start. I simply ran "./translate.py
--backend=jvm targetpypystandalone.py" and "pypy-jvm" on both computer. Do I
miss something? Thanks.

==
Error messages on Gentoo Linux (amd64)

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
pypy/ConstantInit_0, method: constant_init signature: ()V) Expecting to find
long on stack
 at pypy.ConstantInit.init(ConstantInit.j:6)
at pypy.Main.<clinit>(Main.j:26)
Could not find the main class: pypy.Main. Program will exit.

==
Error messages on Snow Leopard (I also tried to fix the "Adobe Unit
Types.osax" by following this page (
http://www.davidchinphoto.com/snow-leopard-and-adobe-unit-types-osax/), but
still failed.)

2009-12-14 18:25:20.913 java[9944:1707] Error loading
/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types copy.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe
Unit Types:  dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types
copy.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types, 262): no suitable image found.
 Did find:
 /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types copy.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe
Unit Types: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
pypy/ConstantInit_0, method: constant_init signature: ()V) Expecting to find
long on stack
 at pypy.ConstantInit.init(ConstantInit.j:6)
at pypy.Main.<clinit>(Main.j:26)
java: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition
"/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types copy.osax" declares no
loadable handlers.
2009-12-14 18:25:20.923 java[9944:1707] Error loading
/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit
Types:  dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit
Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types, 262): no suitable image found.
 Did find:
 /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit
Types: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
java: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition
"/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax" declares no loadable
handlers.

--
Olli Wang

OLLI WANG PRODUCTIONS - http://olliwang.com