[pypy-dev] Advice needed debugging a Sys.exit error involving py.py and Stackless.py

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 17 03:52:32 CET 2009

Hello Armin:

--- On Sun, 12/13/09, Armin Rigo <arigo at tunes.org> wrote:

> I must warn you that you may not get much attention these
> days.

I understand. I understand the PyPy team is busy. And I have privately
received some useful feedback.

> I can only say that I'm sorry about it.  As you found out,
> the stackless part of PyPy is sleeping nowadays -- it still works,
>and is tested, but that's about it.

Well if I can get select() to work, I would be more than happy to
maintain and expand stackless.py. stackless.py is too cool and
important to be just left sleeping.

Meanwhile, I have written much simplified tests. I get the same errors.
Given that problems revolve around context switches in schedule() and
the probably the main tasklet, I believe there are modules other than stackless.py that I need to modify. I also need to understand some of
the terminology - for instance, nesting_level. Does that refer to frames. Or tasklets or coroutines? Again, I think there is something very simple at the bottom of all this - I am just a newbie.

Cheers,
Andrew