[pypy-dev] Questions about RPython

Olli Wang olliwang at ollix.com
Thu Dec 17 13:26:35 CET 2009

Hi, I was trying to develop a tiny application using RPython and I have a
few of questions. Obviously, RPython has the advantage of translating the
code to various backends so we can get much better performance than Python
scripts running on top of any Python implementation, so I was wondering, is
it possible to rewrite the full Python's standard library using RPython so
people can treat RPython as a general purpose programming language? (is that
a good idea?)

BTW, in my tiny experiment application. I want to create an empty file and
write something there. Unfortunately, the open() function is not supported
in RPython and the os.open() can't create a new file if not existed. So how
do I `touch` a new file in RPython? Thanks.

--
Olli Wang

OLLI WANG PRODUCTIONS - http://olliwang.com
A BLOG ABOUT MY LIFE AND MY WORK