[pypy-dev] PyPy/python newb - need dbm other than dumbdbm and dbm

Kelly F. Hickel kfh at mqsoftware.com
Wed Feb 11 19:41:47 CET 2009

> > I'm just missing something quite basic, and that some kind soul here
> > can
> > point me in the right direction...
> >
> > Should I be trying to translate cvs2svn instead of trying using
pypy-
> > c ?
> > (this seems to involve building a target file or something).
> >
> > Am I just out of luck?
>
> Try to use psyco to speed up cvs2svn. I'm afraid PyPy right know would
> not give you any improvements in performance from CPython for this
> (maybe even psyco will not help).
>
> ps: Isn't cvs2svn a one time thing?
>
> --
> Leonardo Santagada
> santagada at gmail.com

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll give it a try. I had looked at pysco
back in June, but got the impression that I'd be better off with
PyPy....

Yes, cvs2svn is a one time thing in principle, but I've been running it
a number of times, trying different things, as a means of validating the
switch to git (cvs2svn also does cvs2git).  Since it takes 6.5 days on a
2.4ghz AMD with 32gb of ram to translate our repo, even a small tweak to
the process is quite expensive....

-Kelly