[pypy-dev] [Stackless] Fwd: Stackless on top of greenlets

Stephan Diehl stephan at transvection.de
Mon Feb 16 19:17:33 CET 2009

Hi,

it would be quite nice, if the different implementations could somehow
be united (I've written the pypy one, but never used it, so there are
indeed lots of errors lurking).
pypy's stackless is actually implemented using pypy's coroutine
implementation, which, in case CPython is used, is emulated by greenlets.

pypy's stackless
http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/trunk/pypy/lib/stackless.py

has a corresponding test file
http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/trunk/pypy/lib/app_test/test_stackless.py

which is supposed to be compatible with regular stackless as well.

Maybe we could come up with a set of tests that cover all of stackless
interface and therefore can be used to test our greenlet based
implementations against.

Cheers, Stephan