[pypy-dev] JavaScript parser in Python

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 01:05:20 CET 2009

On Feb 23, 2009, at 12:17 PM, Carl Friedrich Bolz wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> in case we ever get more serious about our JS interpreter, there seems
> to be a pure-Python port of the JavaScript parser of the
> Narcissus-project here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/pynarcissus/
>
> Automatic semicolon insertion included.

There was another port of the narcissus parser, the problem being that
the license is incompatible with the mit license. Another idea is that
the webkit parser is made using byson, if we had a yacc or something
like that it would be trivial to port, and I think the license is more
permissive (or I just forgot about it and it is completely
incompatible with the mit license).

--
Leonardo Santagada
santagada at gmail.com