[pypy-dev] fast

Paolo Giarrusso p.giarrusso at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 20:44:54 CET 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 12:57, inhahe <inhahe at gmail.com> wrote:
> With trace trees, hidden classes, aggressive type speculation, etc.,
> javascript engines run code about as fast as unoptimized C.

> And I know that Python isn't any more intractable than Javascript
> because pyjamas automatically translates from one to the other.

This is not a valid reasoning, as discussed in the other mail.

Having said that, in the end we all agree that even Python can get
that speed, the only thing we argue about is how complex is doing
that.

> So however you're doing it now.. you're doing it wrong. ;)

> If CPython won't do it, maybe you will..

I don't see the point of your mail, is it just trolling? IMHO, one can
only write "you're doing it wrong" if he's able to do better, and has
proven that in practice.

Btw, I'm not (yet) part of the PyPy project, and I've been discussing
the same issues as you. That doesn't make me agree with such mails.
--
Paolo Giarrusso