[pypy-dev] Translate failes =(

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amauryfa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 23:53:31 CET 2009

Hello,

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 23:24, Ветошкин Никита <nvetoshkin at naumen.ru> wrote:
> I used /MT flag - that is static linking (in
> pypy\translator\platform\windows.py). Then installed zlib, added zlib's
> include dir to my INCLUDE env variable. And... now it's building =)

The /MT flag is a nice trick.
But the ctypes module of the generated pypy-c will not work correctly:
get_libc() is supposed to return the MSVCRT.dll linked with the
executable, this function won't work if the c runtime is linked
statically.

The best would be to use /MT (=static C runtime) to build extension
modules (during the "configure" phase) and /MD (=shared C runtime)
when building the pypy-c executable.

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc