[pypy-dev] py.path.svnwc stopped working for me

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Fri Jul 10 15:35:42 CEST 2009

On 7/10/09 7:08 AM, Carl Friedrich Bolz wrote:
> Christian Tismer wrote:
>> def psycofiles():
>>       path = py.path.svnwc(os.pardir)
>>       for p in path.visit(lambda x: x.check(versioned=1)):
>>           if p.check(dir=1):
>>               print p
>>           else:
>>               yield p.relto(path).replace('\\', '/')
>> stopped working.
> 1. This is the wrong mailing list to discuss this. use py-dev instead

> 2. "stopped working" is not exactly a useful error description. what did
> you expect to happen, what happened instead, which py-lib version are
> you using?

I thought this is obvious enough.
The visit() crashes suddenly on files which are not versioned.
I upgraded to the latest SVN version, yesterday (by chance, was
forced by Tortoise SVN). Also updated the py-lib trunk yesterday.
The problem is on Windows, when unversioned files exist, like .pyc

Wondering how this can be, and nobody else complained, yet,
or no test has found that.

>> I don't want to know why.
> then why are you sending a mail at all?

Well, because I wanted to question the use of libraries in cases
where it would be easy to write a few lines yourself, without
creating those dependencies.
Yes, I was very upset.