[pypy-dev] py.path.svnwc stopped working for me

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Fri Jul 10 15:35:42 CEST 2009

On 7/10/09 7:08 AM, Carl Friedrich Bolz wrote:
> Christian Tismer wrote:
>> def psycofiles():
>>       path = py.path.svnwc(os.pardir)
>>       for p in path.visit(lambda x: x.check(versioned=1)):
>>           if p.check(dir=1):
>>               print p
>>           else:
>>               yield p.relto(path).replace('\\', '/')
>>
>> stopped working.
>
> 1. This is the wrong mailing list to discuss this. use py-dev instead

Sorry

> 2. "stopped working" is not exactly a useful error description. what did
> you expect to happen, what happened instead, which py-lib version are
> you using?

I thought this is obvious enough.
The visit() crashes suddenly on files which are not versioned.
I upgraded to the latest SVN version, yesterday (by chance, was
forced by Tortoise SVN). Also updated the py-lib trunk yesterday.
The problem is on Windows, when unversioned files exist, like .pyc
files.

Wondering how this can be, and nobody else complained, yet,
or no test has found that.

>> I don't want to know why.
>
> then why are you sending a mail at all?

Well, because I wanted to question the use of libraries in cases
where it would be easy to write a few lines yourself, without
creating those dependencies.
Yes, I was very upset.