[pypy-dev] How to make a pypy distribution?

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 05:44:32 CEST 2009

I want to make binaries to pypy and distribute but I don't know how.
The biggest problem is that I didn't find were I can change the 2
hardcoded sys.path entries (lib python and modified lib python). I
would like it to look to a relative dir from where pypy-c is, or at
least be able to hardcode it to something sensible (not my wc dir).
Here is the scenario that I want to address:

A self contained pypy, with pypy-c in pypy/bin and libs in pypy/lib or
maybe pypy/lib/pypy (so instead of on its on directory it can be
easily moved to /usr/local for example).

I want to start to distribute a compiled version of pypy for macs
(based on trunk). For people to have the biggest set of package to
test on I am translating with this command line:

./translate.py --thread --stackless --gc=hybrid
targetpypystandalone.py  --allworkingmodules

Do anyone think that there is a better set of options? (maybe --
gc=hybrid is not needed but I want to be sure never to try to use boehm)

--
Leonardo Santagada
santagada at gmail.com