[pypy-dev] crosstwine linker

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 20:46:04 CEST 2009

Laura Creighton wrote:
> Anybody heard of this?
> http://crosstwine.com/linker/index.html
>
> Damien Diederen is giving a talk about speeding up python at EuroSciPy,
> and since this is his company, it should be about this.

I skimmed over the website and read the whitepaper few weeks ago.  Honestly, I
don't understand if and how they manage to speedup python.  In fact, they show
results for only 4 benchmarks: one is a version of bpnn (which we also have,
somewhere) modified to be "static enough" to be compiled by shedskin; the
other three are really microbenchmarks.

Since he doesn't show any other benchmark, I wonder if his product gives any
speedup at all on real programs.

In other words: I think we should also point out the few benchmarks where pypy
is already faster and start making money on it :-)