[pypy-dev] [pypy-svn] r65652 - pypy/branch/pyjitpl5-experiments/pypy/jit/metainterp

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 05:23:34 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 4:13 PM, <antocuni at codespeak.net> wrote:
> Author: antocuni
> Date: Mon Jun  8 00:13:03 2009
> New Revision: 65652
>
> Modified:
>   pypy/branch/pyjitpl5-experiments/pypy/jit/metainterp/optimize3.py
> Log:
> more refactoring&simplification: don't track the constness of nodes, as nobody
> is using it so far.  The idea is that optimizatons relying on the constness
> should be done during the optimize_operation phase, not during the find_node
> phase.  I'm not 100% sure this will cover all possible case though, so maybe
> we will need to reintroduce this later.

That is a bit of a problem, since a lot of things can only happen if
constant folding was already
done. A good example is a guard_value followed by getarrayitem_gc.
getarrayitem_gc needs
to have constant index for anything like virtuals or virtualizables.
If it's a non-constant index,
nodes will be incorrect (you cannot delay putting stuff in it's dictionary).