[pypy-dev] Leysin Winter Sprint

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Mon Mar 2 16:47:14 CET 2009

Hi all!

         PyPy Leysin Winter Sprint (14-21th April 2009)
..                             image:: http://www.ermina.ch/002.JPG

The next PyPy sprint will be in Leysin, Switzerland, for the
sixth time.  This sprint will take place immediately after
Easter.  This is a fully public sprint: newcomers and topics
other than those proposed below are welcome.

------------------------------
Goals and topics of the sprint
------------------------------

* The overall idea of the sprint is to continue working on making PyPy ready
  for general use.  There are a few tasks left in there.  In parallel, we
  will continue the work on the JIT, if there is general interest.  And as
  usual, we are ready to add any other task -- please mention on the mailing
  list what you would like to work on; the list of task is not really fixed.

* And as usual, the main side goal is to have fun in winter sports :-)
  We can take a day off for ski until Sunday, the 19th; afterwards, the
  installations close.  (There was quite a lot of snow this winter, so
  there should be some left even though it's relatively late in the season.)

-----------------------
Location & Accomodation
-----------------------

Leysin, Switzerland, "same place as before".  Let me refresh your
memory: both the sprint venue and the lodging will be in a very spacious
pair of chalets built specifically for bed & breakfast:
http://www.ermina.ch/.  The place has a good ADSL Internet connexion
with wireless installed.  You can of course arrange your own
lodging anywhere (so long as you are in Leysin, you cannot be more than a
15 minutes walk away from the sprint venue), but I definitely recommend
lodging there too -- you won't find a better view anywhere else (though you
probably won't get much worse ones easily, either :-)

Please *confirm* that you are coming so that we can adjust the reservations
as appropriate.  The rate so far has been around 60 CHF a night all included
in 2-person rooms, with breakfast.  There are larger rooms too (less
expensive) and maybe the possibility to get a single room if you really want
to.

Please register by svn:

  http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/extradoc/sprintinfo/leysin-winter-2009/people.txt

or on the pypy-sprint mailing list if you do not yet have check-in rights:

You need a Swiss-to-(insert country here) power adapter.  There will be
some Swiss-to-EU adapters around -- bring a EU-format power strip if you
have one.

Exact times

Officially, 14-21 April 2009.  The idea is that the 14th should be the arrival
day, so we won't work too much until the 15th.