[pypy-dev] http://code.google.com/p/unladen-swallow/wiki/ProjectPlan

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 02:42:32 CET 2009

On Mar 25, 2009, at 9:27 PM, Christian Tismer wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> please have a look at this.
> http://code.google.com/p/unladen-swallow/wiki/ProjectPlan
>
> is this YAIPAP ?
> Yet Another Ignorant Python Acceleration Project
>
> I see them mentioning Hölzle and Self, and I see a reference to
> Psyco where they want to steal from, but PyPy does not exist.
>
> IMHO, this is totally GAGA  - chris

I was reading it earlier, the simpler ideas, like making pickle faster
and most of q1 deliverables seems nice, and could really help python
right now, but those seems more like the things Need For Speed sprint
was doing. Not the LLVM-JIT, new GC, eliminate the GIL seems
unrealistic, even the pace of the project seems to be counting on tons
of new developers joining the project after the Q1 milestone.

--
Leonardo Santagada
santagada at gmail.com