[pypy-dev] question on rpython stack reconstruction feature

alan yung yung2.alan at gmail.com
Fri May 29 17:19:27 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 2:44 AM, Carl Friedrich Bolz <cfbolz at gmx.de> wrote:

> alan yung wrote:
>
>> Thanks and sorry about the link.
>>  The right link is http://paste.pocoo.org/show/119296/ this.
>>
>> What I'm trying to do there is this:
>>  In the freeze() function, I want to stop executing the current python
>> function, and copy the (python) frame stack, and unroll the python frame
>> stack *and* interpreter level stack frame.
>>  In the resume() function, I want to continue executing the python
>> function copied in freeze() function and reconstruct interpreter level stack
>> using resume_state_create() and resume_state_invoke() function.
>>

> Where do you actually put those functions? How do you call them? What's the
> error/behaviour you get?

I implemented a (mixed) module, and implemented those functions as
interpreter level functions, and made them callable from application level.
I called them from normal Python application (in stackless translated pypy
vm) and the behaviour is that they don't have any effect. There's no
(interpreter level/application level) stack unwinding or resuming.

thanks.