[pypy-dev] pyprocessing/multiprocessing

Gary Robinson grobinson at flyfi.com
Sat Nov 21 15:36:59 CET 2009

> We don't support Python 2.6, and probably won't for at least a year.

pyprocessing is the module that multiprocessing sprang from. pyprocessing is much older, and works fine with python 2.5. (2.6's multiprocessing module has been backported to 2.5 too, I hear, but I'm not using it.)

pyprocessing is here: http://pyprocessing.berlios.de/.  (The actual module is called "processing" but pyprocessing has long been the name people have used to refer to it.) If somebody got that working, it should be a relatively short step to get multiprocessing working in PyPy's 2.6-compatible version.

I care far more about pyprocessing than about 2.6...  If the PyPy GIL was gone, that would be better of course, but that doesn't sound like it's going to happen any time soon...
--

Gary Robinson
CTO
grobinson at flyfi.com