[pypy-dev] Nightly Benchmarks

Anders Hammarquist iko at openend.se
Thu Oct 1 12:31:57 CEST 2009

Hello,

In a message of Tue, 29 Sep 2009 11:31:21 +0200, Miquel Torres writes:
>We agreed on a Django DB backend, and plot rendering by the browser, so we
>need to talk about the way to store the nightly benchmark data into the DB.

Hmm, I've already started to implement a DB store using SQLalchemy. Can
Django use that? (it is in the repository at
http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/build/benchmark)

>The end goal is to build a speed.pypy.org where you can compare all kind of
>pypy versions to cpython and other python interpreters and other languages[...]

Could prove interesting, and the DB structure I've got should be able
to deal with that as well (it is quite minimal). The runner that is there
is mostly useless for comparing different lanugagues though.

>Can you please explain to me what you are doing in that area now?

The intended next step is to interface a benchmark runner (of pypy trunk)
with the database so the results will be persistent. I've been caught up
in other (non-PyPy-related) work though. and if the database interface
I've got is not useful, maybe I shouldn't do that.

/Anders