[pypy-dev] Nightly Benchmarks

Miquel Torres tobami at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 1 23:07:38 CEST 2009

Hi Anders,
SQLAlchemy is problematic. there is a django-sqlalchemy project, but it is
still work in progress:
http://code.google.com/p/django-sqlalchemy/wiki/Roadmap

Otherwise, your DB design is valid. The simpler, the better.
One question: did you intend to keep a DB locally and then copy to the web
server backend or to store the data directly on the web server (
speed.pypy.org)?

About the DB design, while sufficient, I would probably add a couple of
things like version tags (for betas and final releases, for example), maybe
compile options (??). Why? because we want to be able to filter trunk
versions in every possible way.

In any case I want to discuss this a little bit more, because the DB needs
to be as complete as possible from the beginning. While the first version of
the visualization interface will be quick and dirty so that developers don't
have to wait months to have something useful (And only then will I design a
more powerful interface), I don't want to make big changes to the DB once we
start to regularly run benchmarks. That way the data can be safely stored
from the start.

Cheers,

Miquel