[pypy-dev] is there incremental building for the translator?

Philip Guo pg at cs.stanford.edu
Tue Oct 6 22:18:46 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Sorry for another newbie question, but I'm wondering whether there is any
sort of "Makefile"-like incremental building functionality for the PyPy
translator.  I just ran:

cd pypy/translator/goal
python translate.py --opt=3 targetpypystandalone.py

to create pypy-c, which works perfectly, but it took about an hour on my
machine.  If I start hacking the PyPy source code, it seems like I have to
do the full translation step each time I want to create a new pypy-c.  Is
there any way around this?

Thanks,
Philip