[pypy-dev] Problems translating PyPy to Java

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amauryfa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 11:17:52 CEST 2009

Hello,

2009/10/7 Jan Wedel <Jan.Wedel at ettex.de>:
> Ok, I tried to translate PyPy to Java using
>
> ./translate.py --backend=jvm targetpypystandalone.py
>
> But it tried to call the MS Compiler cl.exe which I don’t have. I’m
> wondering why? This results in several errors (see below).
>
> What’s happening?

I'm afraid you will need a C compiler to translate pypy: the jvm
backend starts with the C implementation of functions, and ultimately
replaces system calls with java methods.

If you have the mingw32 compiler installed (and in your PATH), you may
try with the --cc=mingw32 option.

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc