[pypy-dev] Why isn't the PyPy logo Ouroboros(Snake biting its tail)?

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Mon Oct 19 13:08:26 CEST 2009

Hi,

Le dimanche 18 octobre 2009 20:32:07, Khalid Shahin a écrit :
> The current PyPy logo seems kind of plain. And Ouroboros is a symbol of
> snake biting its tail and represents a cycle, a re-creation of itself, or a
> self-reference. Which would fit nicely in the PyPy logo.

I read somewhere that PyPy is no more a project dedicated to Python, but it's
a little bit more generic. If the project is splitted in two parts (generic
compiler + python interpreter), Ouroboros would be the logo of the python
interpreter, right?

I like Ourouboros. "snake biting its tail" was the title of my first news on
linuxfr (a french open source news website) :-)

   PyPy, le serpent qui se mord la queue, sort en version 0.99
   http://linuxfr.org/2007/02/22/22108.html
   February 2007

--
Victor Stinner