[pypy-dev] Why isn't the PyPy logo Ouroboros(Snake biting its tail)?

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 14:38:37 CEST 2009

On Oct 19, 2009, at 9:08 AM, Victor Stinner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le dimanche 18 octobre 2009 20:32:07, Khalid Shahin a écrit :
>> The current PyPy logo seems kind of plain. And Ouroboros is a
>> symbol of
>> snake biting its tail and represents a cycle, a re-creation of
>> itself, or a
>> self-reference. Which would fit nicely in the PyPy logo.
>
> I read somewhere that PyPy is no more a project dedicated to Python,
> but it's
> a little bit more generic. If the project is splitted in two parts
> (generic
> compiler + python interpreter), Ouroboros would be the logo of the
> python
> interpreter, right?

Separating the pypy translator/compiler from the pypy python
interpreter (preferably with different names) is something I would
love to see happen. The first thing you have to say to someone when
explaining pypy is "pypy is two completely different (but related)
things..." so different logos and names would help a lot.

But who should get the Ouroboros logo I don't know.

--
Leonardo Santagada
santagada at gmail.com