[pypy-dev] Why isn't the PyPy logo Ouroboros(Snake biting its tail)?

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 16:40:47 CEST 2009

On Oct 19, 2009, at 11:34 AM, Antonio Cuni wrote:

> holger krekel wrote:
>
>> yip.  so we need a name for our super-powered ultra-flexible
>> translator.
>
> dynajite:
>
>  - it's for dynamic languages
>  - it provides you a jit
>  - it makes your head explode :-)

nice :) The logo could be dynamite inspired too :)

Although I think that the interpreter being named PyPy still makes
reference for a python interpreter running on top of python, so maybe
the interpreter could have another name and PyPy could be the name of
the umbrella project for dynajite + all interpreters. But it is just
an idea, feel free to not listen to me.

Being able to say that pypy is a python interpreter that is translated
by dinajite is a big step forward in making things clear.

Another point is that I don't really think there is any need to
separate the sources as antonio sugested,  separating things
conceptually is enough.

--
Leonardo Santagada
santagada at gmail.com