[pypy-dev] Why isn't the PyPy logo Ouroboros(Snake biting its tail)?

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Mon Oct 19 19:09:57 CEST 2009

Ok, I found where a read a proposition of splitting PyPy in two parts:

  http://www.logilab.org/blogentry/9853

This blog entry proposes the name gcgc (or "GcGc"):

 "the Generic Compiler for Generating Compilers"

The name is similar to YACC (Yet Another Compiler Compiler).

Le lundi 19 octobre 2009 14:38:37, vous avez écrit :
> But who should get the Ouroboros logo I don't know.

Most Python projects starts with "py", so PyPy should be the name of the
Python interpreter. Ouroboros is a snake so it should be the logo of PyPy (the
Python part).

--
Victor Stinner
http://www.haypocalc.com/