[pypy-dev] benchmarking input

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sun Sep 27 17:47:24 CEST 2009

Hi Leonardo,

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 06:52:44PM -0300, Leonardo Santagada wrote:
> I want to know why PyPy doesn't use the unladen swallow benchmarks in
> complement to the ones already there and maybe reuse and extend their
> reporting tools. This could make comparing results easier and divide
> the work of creating comprehensive benchmarks for python.

A number of benchmarks are not applicable to us, or they are
uninteresting at this point (e.g. pickling, regexp, or just
microbenchmarks...).

That would leave 2 usable benchmarks, at a first glance: 'ai', and
possibly 'spitfire/slowspitfire'.

(Btw, I wonder why they think that richards is "too artificial" when
they include a number of microbenchmarks that look far more artificial
to me...)

A bientot,