[pypy-dev] Improving the pypy website (and benchmarks)

Miquel Torres tobami at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 28 11:22:35 CEST 2009

Hi fijal,

>I would go for www.pypy.org website, dedicated for potential users
I would also go for a separate pypy.org web.

>We have recently started some effort here:
>http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/build/benchmark/
That is nice.
One comment: in the future pypy will also need to be benchmarked on another
operating system other than Linux I assume?. Shouldn't the benchmark
infrastructure code be cross-platform from the beginning? I guess it is
still a work in progress, but I had a brief look at the code, and
interpreters.py uses os.fork(), for example.

 >Where would you start?
>Personally, I thinks it even makes sense to do some visual
>design of a web page as a starting point.
You mean visually designing the web page first?. Why not. Only, we can
surely design a nice css template and all, but it would be even nicer if a
graphic designer would collaborate.

And the question remains whether to hand code the web page or use a CMS, web
framework, etc. It also depends on how you want to integrate benchmark data.

We should definitely have a chat "meeting", with those interested in an end
user's web page.
Time?

Miquel