[pypy-dev] benchmarking input

René Dudfield renesd at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 12:58:19 CEST 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 8:48 AM, Maciej Fijalkowski <fijall at gmail.com>wrote:

> I think richards does not reflect what they do at google (like pickling :-)

yeah, their project goals are to speed up things that are interesting for
them.  Not to speed up things in general - but to speed up google projects
running on python.  ie, they want to speed up their own code mostly.  They
also run a number of python projects test suites, and use them to benchmark
too.  I imagine they benchmark google apps internally too.

their recent talk describes their recent work - and also the work of
speedups like the wpython project:

The programming language shootout tests would seem a useful set of
benchmarks to compare against other languages.

Note, they have old pythons there... that is cpython 2.5.2 and pypy 1.1 in
their comparisons.

ps.  happy happy jit!!  great work.