[pypy-dev] benchmarking input

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Wed Sep 30 10:31:26 CEST 2009

Hi Holger,

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 04:38:43PM +0200, holger krekel wrote:
> why is a DB table format better for refactoring than a text file?

I suppose it isn't intrinsically.  The point is that as far as I know
all our previous pypy benchmarks did not even produce a text file
containing the results only, in a way that can be nicely re-read by
program and refactored.  They just produce directly text or html files
with the results embedded in whatever presentation was deemed best at
the time.

More than that I have no preference for a DB format versus an
easily-reparsable text file format.

A bientot,

Armin.