[pypy-dev] support for 64-bit processors and eliminating global state

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 19:13:07 CEST 2009

Hi.

In general, we try hard not to make hard assumptions, so the transition to
64 bit should be generally smooth. However, we have limited resources and
we're generally volunteer run. For example, my laptop does not support 64bit,
which makes it significantly harder for me to work on (that being one example).

So, 64bit support is put on the second plan, but not because we plan to hardcode
32bit everywhere, but simply because our resources are limited. If you want to
push for it by donating time/money you're welcome to do so.

It's nice to hear what you're doing, however full paper would be much better
than the abstract. Is there a way to obtain it somehow else?

PS. I also did some stuff, like this, by lazily constructing numpy expressions
and compiling them to assembler, so I'm personally interested in hearing more.

Cheers,
fijal