[pypy-dev] vfs.py - sandboxing with option to write

Søren Laursen sl at scrooge.dk
Fri Apr 9 15:50:41 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have been tracing: vfs.py, pypy_interact.py  and sandlib.py.

Just to make sure that I got it right.

* The object RealFile in vfs.py is first used then we know that here is a
 RealFile on the real system that is the --tmp=directory, the method is also
use on python files I can see from my trace?

* The join method in RealDir is the key, because it maps (join) the virtual
filename to a real filename og real directory

So if I want to expand the vfs.py I need to modify RealDir to allow to
return RealFile for files that are new, that is that they are not part of
names.

On files that do exist and I want to write to then, I do not have a clue. As
I can see I get the error even then I open the file using open( "myFile",
"w"). And

because of that I am not sure about my previous statement " So if I want to
expand the vfs.py I need to modify RealDir to allow to return RealFile for
files that are new, that is that they are not part of names."

Regards,

Søren Laursen