[pypy-dev] support for boost::python?

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amauryfa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 18:04:53 CEST 2010

2010/4/19 Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com>:
> How close is pypy to being able to support extensions written for
> boost::python?

It's not extraordinary difficult, but there are many things to do. At
least this target is inside the scope of the cpyext module.

I tried to compile boost::python using pypy headers. They are many
missing functions, most of them are easy to implement; but PyRun_File
and PySliceObject will be more difficult.

Volunteers are welcome!
In case you want to start, here are the compilation errors I got:

The missing PyList_, PyDict_ and PyComplex_ functions are probably the
most easy to implement, and a good way to enter the code of the cpyext

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc